Welcome to the website for Waddesdon Parish Council
On this site you will be able to find information about the activities and work of the Parish Council. The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government.
CLERK’S TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 01296 651800
If she is unable to answer your call, please leave a name, number and a short message and she will reply to you.
The Parish Council’s ‘Bag It and Bin It’ Campaign
The Parish Council has received numerous reports of dog waste being bagged and dumped or hung on gates and hedges around the village. Please read our important message about dog fouling and your responsibility as a dog owner.
Paying Council Invoices
We have set up a PayPal account which allows us to collect payments to the council as easily as possible. Please contact the Clerk for more information if you wish to use this method!
Where are we working this week?
Now the weather has hopefully changed for the better our grounds team have started our spring/summer program.
- We are clearing the rubbish from several allotment plots.
- We’ve cleared the weeds and cut back the hedges down footpath 7 to the school.
- Where possible we have made grass cuts but with the current weather there has not been much growth!
- The high street tree squares will be cleared and redone to improve there look.
- We are marking all street lights posts with a number which allows members of the public to identify faulty lights in a more consistent & accurate manner.
- We have fitted a new Parish notice board down by the play park in School Lane.
- We are filling the holes and cracks in the Church yard with soil.
- The new defibrillator has been fitted and wired up and is located at the Bowls Club down Silk Street.
A contractor will carry out the first of several weed sprays now the weather has improved. It is anticipated this will tackle the large number of weeds and weed clusters we currently suffer from village-wide.
Dates for your Diary
Our next meeting will be held 15th August at the village hall business hub. Members of the public are most welcome and we look forward to seeing you this evening. The agenda for tonight’s meeting can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE COUNCIL MEETINGS NOW COMMENCE AT 8PM RATHER THAN 7:30PM.
2018 dates for meetings, events and functions within the parish can be found on the village notice board, on-line here or in the newsletter on the Parish Council page.
Please let the Clerk know if you are holding an event and would like it adding to our calendar.
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, Waddesdon HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Raban’s Close, Raban’s Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, Waddesdon HP18 0LX
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, Waddesdon HP18 0JB 01296 651348
Let us know what you think
A belated thank you for the lunch that was provided for us over 60’s at the Village Hall. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, it gave me a chance to meet villagers that I don’t normally have contact with. All your had work was really appreciated. Hopefully, there will be another one.
Please will you pass on my thanks to whoever was responsible for the placement of a ‘second dog bin’ alongside the garages – pathway (off Silk Street).
It was exciting to see it in all it’s splendour alongside the older one yesterday! (Little things make a big difference) – and especially since this area is well used. It is a lovely pathway for not only dog walkers but the many visitors to Waddesdon too!