Welcome to the Website for Waddesdon Parish Council
Council Meetings. Full Council meetings will take place via remote conferencing until further notice. 2020 dates for meetings, events and functions can be found on the village notice boards, here on our website or in the village newsletter.
Our website allows you to find out about the dates of our meetings and read copies of our agendas, minutes and policies. The draft minutes for the September 2020 meeting can be viewed online here. The October meeting will take place online via Zoom.
Community Centre. We are delighted that the all new Community Centre has been so well received. We have lots of groups already booked in (post lockdown of course) and we have exciting plans for 2021. As part of this planning we need to increase the parking capacity at the centre, as such from January 2nd 2021 what is commonly known as the “overflow car park” will be sectioned off and used for exclusive use of the Community Centre. The remaining spaces will be available as they are now, and we are working on increasing parking in that area of the village. It will also be necessary to keep one disabled parking space for centre use and we will cone this off too. The Community Centre is a great resource for the village and financially it will be a big boost that will be used to improve Waddesdon for everyone. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. To book the centre please go to: hallbookingonline.com/waddesdoncentre/
Playpark. The Playpark at School Lane is open but please take note of the signs to ensure safe play at all times.
Village Newsletter. The latest edition is available here.
Support during Coronavirus. Although the national Lockdown has ended, Coronavirus is still a pandemic. Guidance and support to help control the virus is regularly updated by the UK government and can be read following this link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Whilst restrictions are still in place, the Waddesdon Support Group is keeping the Covid-19 community support line number active should anyone need assistance. The phone number is 01296 532644
Christmas Week (23-27 December) the following guidelines apply:
- Meeting friends and family – you may choose to form a Christmas bubble with friends and family. This must be composed of people from no more than three households.
- Visiting bars, pubs and restaurants – the rules on who you can meet in bars, pubs and restaurants will be the same as the local tier restrictions.
- Visiting churches and other places of worship – you may attend a place of worship with members of your Christmas bubble.
- Visiting shops and Christmas markets – the rules on who you can meet in shops will not change, local tier restrictions apply.
- Attending events, including performances and Christmas lighting ceremonies – for indoor events, local tier restrictions apply. However, you can attend outdoor events with your Christmas bubble.
- Travelling within the UK – you may travel between tiers and other nations of the UK if necessary to meet with other households in your Christmas bubble or return home. Once at your destination, you should follow the rules in that tier. Details of which tier an area is in and the local restrictions that apply can be found on the government website.
- Travelling abroad – the rules on international travel will not change. The latest rules and travel advice can be found on the government website.
If you have other suggestions to help our community during this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HS2. The HS2 Helpdesk remains operational all day, every day, and is your first point of contact should you need advice or information from HS2. You can contact the Helpdesk on Freephone 08081 434 434
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Rabans Close, Rabans Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX 01296 651603
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
- Methodist Hall – 78-80 High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 423363
- Waddesdon Hall – Baker Street, HP18 0LQ 0844 5852195
- Bernwode Community Bus 07706 784016