Welcome to the website for Waddesdon Parish Council
On this site, you will be able to find information about the activities and work of the Parish Council. The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government.
CLERK’S TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 01296 651800
If she is unable to answer your call, please leave a name, number and a short message and she will reply to you.
The first additional car parking location at Anstey Close is open for residents to use! Work on the second will begin early into 2019. (please note the kerb hop is temporary until the better weather sets in)
The pathway works in Quainton Road are nearing completion. The contractor has indicated the road will be reopened on schedule.
The Parish Council’s ‘Bag It and Bin It’ Campaign
The Parish Council has received numerous reports of dog waste being bagged and dumped or hung on gates and hedges around the village. Please read our important message about dog fouling and your responsibility as a dog owner.
Remember any rubbish bin will do. Together let’s put an end to this offensive, harmful litter.
Paying Council Invoices
We have set up a PayPal account which allows us to collect payments to the council as easily as possible. Please contact the Clerk for more information if you wish to use this method.
Where are we working this week?
Now the weather has hopefully changed for the better our grounds team have started our spring/summer program.
- You may receive a letter asking you to cut back your bush/hedge if it’s found to be growing into the footpath. These can block access for buggies, wheelchairs and those on mobility scooters.
- In School Lane, we are tiding up the hedges and brambles that have overgrown along the fences and the perimeter of the play park.
- We have installed a new waste bin in the High Street. There are 3 more on others to replace other damaged units around the village.
- The footpath from Goss Ave (towards the new allotment) and the public footpath has been surfaced with chippings taken from the work at School Lane.
Dates for your Diary
Our next meeting will be held on 20th February at the Children’s Centre. Members of the public are most welcome and we look forward to seeing you. The agenda is available online and copies for the public are always available on the night.
2019 dates for meetings, events and functions within the parish can be found on the village notice boards, here on our website or on the Parish Council page in the village newsletter.
Please let the Clerk know if you are holding an event and would like it adding to our calendar.
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Raban’s Close, Raban’s Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
Let us know what you think
My husband, and I should like to thank the Parish Council for organising a lovely afternoon for us older members of the village. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the entertainment and meeting up with so many friends in a relaxed and warm atmosphere.
We came from London for the War Memorial and Beacon lighting. What a wonderful effort Waddesdon has made – well-done everyone involved.
Well done Waddesdon Parish Council for a lovely Remembrance Service you served them well never to forget.
A very special commemoration and wonderful that the traffic was stopped pretty much throughout – congratulations and thanks to all involved.
Absolutely remarkable job Waddesdon parish council. A big thank you.