Welcome to the Website for Waddesdon Parish Council
On this site, you will be able to find information about the activities and work of the Parish Council. The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government.
Remembrance Sunday – we are currently awaiting guidance from the Royal British Legion as to what can take place.
Over 60s Christmas Lunch – unfortunately we will not be able to host a lunch this year.
The Playpark at School Lane is now open but please take note of the signs to ensure safe play at all times.
We are excited to announce that the new Outdoor Gym at School Lane is now fully operational! You can download the Proludic Sports App which has been developed to enable users to simply and easily monitor and track their exercises on Proludic sports equipment. It will also provide nearest parks on Google maps, recommended exercises and have helpful videos, tips and rewards for everyone that uses it.
The September edition is available here.
Dates for your Diary
Full Council meetings will take place via remote conferencing until further notice. 2020 dates for meetings, events and functions can be found on the village notice boards, here on our website or on the Parish Council page in the village newsletter.
Our website allows you to find out about the dates of our meetings and read copies of our agendas, minutes and policies. The draft minutes for the August 2020 meeting can be viewed online here. The September meeting will take place online via Zoom.
Support during Coronavirus
Although the national Lockdown has ended, Coronavirus is still a pandemic. Guidance and support to help control the virus is regularly updated by the UK government and can be read following this link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Whilst restrictions are still in place, the Waddesdon Support Group is keeping the Covid-19 community support line number active should anyone need assistance. The phone number is 01296 532644
If you have other suggestions to help our community during this time please email email@example.com
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Rabans Close, Rabans Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX 01296 651603
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
Let us know what you think
“Well done to all the human planters by the new development entrance. More Flowers for more bees as No Pollination = No Food = No Future.
I just want to send my thanks for the new water trough and tap which have been installed recently at the Quainton Road allotments. It’s made watering an easier job, especially in this weather, not just for me but for several families who have plots down at that end. Having the allotment has been a real sanctuary during the pandemic.
Can I be the first to say a great big thank you to all that helped at the over 60s party. There is so much negativity about today but this was all about community and togetherness. I felt transformed to the old Waddesdon. We had a great meal cooked by Posh Nosh, lovely wine from the manor and good old fashioned entertainment courtesy of Phil Gomm and each other. Proud to be an old Waddesdoner. Happy Christmas to Waddesdon.