Welcome to the website for Waddesdon Parish Council
On this site, you will be able to find information about the activities and work of the Parish Council. The Parish Council is the first tier of Local Government.
CLERK’S TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 01296 651800
If she is unable to answer your call, please leave a name, number and a short message and she will reply to you.
The first additional car parking location at Anstey Close is open for residents to use! Work on the second will begin early into 2019. (please note the kerb hop is temporary until the better weather sets in)
Paying Council Invoices
We have set up a PayPal account which allows us to collect payments to the council as easily as possible. Please contact the Clerk for more information if you wish to use this method.
Where are we working this week?
Now the weather has hopefully changed for the better our grounds team have started our spring/summer program.
- You may receive a letter asking you to cut back your bush/hedge if it’s found to be growing into the footpath. These can block access for buggies, wheelchairs and those on mobility scooters.
- We are tiding up the far corner of the play park. The ground once levelled will be seeded to promote the growth of wildflowers and provide a sustainable natural habitat for wildlife.
- The footpaths from Goss Avenue towards the new allotments and between Baker Street and Silk Street have been surfaced with chippings taken from the work at School Lane.
- The churchyard has seen the grass cut and tidied after the winter months.
- We’ve performed the first of the grass cuts throughout the village for this season.
- An unsafe tree in Barons Lane has been removed – thanks extended to the resident for the many cups of tea and coffee served to the ground team!
Dates for your Diary
Our next meeting will be held 20th March at the Children’s Centre. Members of the public are most welcome and we look forward to seeing you. The agenda is available online and copies for the public are always available on the night.
2019 dates for meetings, events and functions within the parish can be found on the village notice boards, here on our website or on the Parish Council page in the village newsletter.
Please let the Clerk know if you are holding an event and would like it adding to our calendar.
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Raban’s Close, Raban’s Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
Let us know what you think
My husband, and I should like to thank the Parish Council for organising a lovely afternoon for us older members of the village. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the entertainment and meeting up with so many friends in a relaxed and warm atmosphere.
We came from London for the War Memorial and Beacon lighting. What a wonderful effort Waddesdon has made – well-done everyone involved.
Well done Waddesdon Parish Council for a lovely Remembrance Service you served them well never to forget.
A very special commemoration and wonderful that the traffic was stopped pretty much throughout – congratulations and thanks to all involved.
Absolutely remarkable job Waddesdon parish council. A big thank you.