Each year Waddesdon Parish Council considers applications for Grants and Donations
The Parish Council annually sets aside a sum of money to donate to good causes in the parish either as a grant or donation. The amount allocated by the Parish is part of the annual precept the Parish Council collects from the electorate and is available for distribution from 1 April each year. The DCLG has confirmed that the appropriate sum for parish councils for the purposes of section 137 (4) (a) for 2017-2018 is £7.57 per registered elector.
The Parish Council is governed by rules set out in the Local Government Act 1972 (section 137) which states the money must be spent on purposes for the direct benefit of the parish and be commensurate with the expenditure incurred, for example, spending a large amount for the benefit of only one or two people would not be acceptable.
Contributions may be made to charities and bodies providing a public service on a non-profit making basis, but only in furtherance of their work in the United Kingdom. It is unlawful for a council to contribute to an individual or a charity or a public service body operating overseas. Contributions to UK charities and bodies providing a public service do not have to bring any direct benefit to the council’s area or to its inhabitants.
No further amount will be allocated from the annual budget if the money is committed before the end of the financial year (end of March each year).
The Council prefers to provide funds for specific capital investment or projects but requests for support towards running costs will also be considered.
- Waddesdon & Whitchurch Children’s Centre – £250 (Equipment)
- Waddesdon Horticultural Society – £300 (Annual Show)
- Waddesdon Wednesday Club – £450 (Running Costs & Panto Trip)
- Village Hall – £5000 (Renovation to Business Hub)
- Waddesdon & Whitchurch Children’s Centre – £300 (New Play Equipment)
- Waddesdon Horticultural Society – £400 (Annual Show)
- Waddesdon Wednesday Club – £500 (New Tables)
- Village Hall – £5000 (Audio/Video PR System)