Community Engagement Survey
We are asking for residents’ views on how we priorities our spending in the future. The Community Engagement Survey can be found here https://forms.gle/oR3eNMv2MsnjYSpC9 and needs to be completed by 30th November. Paper copies are also available from Homeware.
There is a vacancy on your Local Council and we are inviting you to step up and become a parish councillor.
What do councillors do?
Local councillors are the champions of their community who invest time in local projects and issues to the benefit of residents and the neighbourhood. Councillors attend to local needs of residents, local groups and businesses, make decisions on local services, collaborate with district councils to identify local needs, and progress vital projects to invest in the future of the community.
How could I contribute?
As a Councillor representing your community, you will help to keep it a great place to live and work.
Councillors individually, can and should be very different in their skills base, experience and work status, all of which contribute to a good and balanced representation of the parish. The ability to take the initiative, be creative and have time to give to the role are all very important aspects of being a good Councillor.
What is the level of commitment?
A Councillor Census Survey found that councillors put aside, on average, three hours a week for council work. Council work often includes attending meetings, engaging with residents and speaking to local groups and bodies on behalf of the council.
Want to find out more?
For an informal chat about the role contact Melanie Rose, Clerk, on 01296 651800
For an application form email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively explore our website at https://waddesdonparishcouncil.gov.uk
Community Room. The Community Room is open Monday – Saturday 9am – 1pm and provides a space where you can have a cuppa and a chat, pop in to borrow toys, books, puzzles etc and even has emergency dry foods. Please pop in and help yourself to what you need or drop off any donations you may have. Our thanks go to Bernie Bus, Helping Hand and the Community Board for help with setting this up.
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Rabans Close, Rabans Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX 01296 651603
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
- Community Centre – Frederick Street, HP18 0LX 01296 651800
- Methodist Hall – 78-80 High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 423363
- Parish Church of St. Michael and All Angels 01296 655069
- Waddesdon Hall – Baker Street, HP18 0LQ 0844 5852195
- Bernwode Community Bus