Welcome to the Website for Waddesdon Parish Council
Council Meetings. Full Council meetings will take place via remote conferencing until further notice. 2020 dates for meetings, events and functions can be found on the village notice boards, here on our website or in the village newsletter.
Our website allows you to find out about the dates of our meetings and read copies of our agendas, minutes and policies. The draft minutes for the September 2020 meeting can be viewed online here. The October meeting will take place online via Zoom.
Remembrance Sunday. Remembrance Sunday will be a bit different this year. There won’t be an official wreath laying ceremony in accordance with the government guidelines. We will be marking the day and you will be able to see this on our social media posts. The soldiers are making a come back, one will be placed near the memorial and the other will be placed near the remembrance bench in the cemetery. The Royal British Legion have some great guidance on their website https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/ and you can mark the time and date on your doorstep or at an alternative time.
Over 60s Christmas Lunch. Unfortunately we will not be able to host a lunch this year. Instead, we will be purchasing a seasonal plant from North End Nurseries in Quainton to give away to any household in the Waddesdon parish with a resident over 60. Please contact the Clerk for further details.
Santa’s Mobile Grotto. Santa will be able to visit the village on his mobile grotto on Saturday 12th December from 4pm. More details to follow nearer the time.
Playpark. The Playpark at School Lane is now open but please take note of the signs to ensure safe play at all times.
We are excited to announce that the new Outdoor Gym at School Lane is now fully operational! You can download the Proludic Sports App which has been developed to enable users to simply and easily monitor and track their exercises on Proludic sports equipment. It will also provide nearest parks on Google maps, recommended exercises and have helpful videos, tips and rewards for everyone that uses it.
Village Newsletter. The October edition is available here.
Support during Coronavirus. Although the national Lockdown has ended, Coronavirus is still a pandemic. Guidance and support to help control the virus is regularly updated by the UK government and can be read following this link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Whilst restrictions are still in place, the Waddesdon Support Group is keeping the Covid-19 community support line number active should anyone need assistance. The phone number is 01296 532644
If you have other suggestions to help our community during this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HS2. The HS2 Helpdesk remains operational all day, every day, and is your first point of contact should you need advice or information from HS2. You can contact the Helpdesk on Freephone 08081 434 434
Where’s my Nearest…
- Doctors Surgery – 1 Goss Ave, HP18 0LY 01296 658585
- Village Shop – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Post Office – 41 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651279
- Police Station – 63 High St, HP18 0JB
- Fire Station – 65 High St, HP18 0JB
- Dentist – 5 High St, HP18 0JP 01296 655577
- Recycling Centre – Rabans Close, Rabans Lane, Aylesbury HP19 8RS
- Hospital – Mandeville Rd, Aylesbury HP21 8AL 01296 315000
- Garage (No Fuel) – 106 Frederick St, HP18 0LX 01296 651603
- Tyre Repairs – 7 High St, HP18 0JB 01296 651348
- Hart Vets – 1 Frederick Street, HP18 0LU 01296 651000
- Waddesdon C of E School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651382
- Waddesdon Village Primary School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 651237
- Little Oaks Pre-School – School Lane, HP18 0LQ 01296 655162
- Big Top Nursery and Pre-School – 72c High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 658898
- Methodist Hall – 78-80 High Street, HP18 0JD 01296 423363
- Waddesdon Hall – Baker Street, HP18 0LQ 0844 5852195
- Bernwode Community Bus – email@example.com