Emergency Plan for the village
In extreme conditions such as heavy snow and flooding, there is a possibility that the emergency services may not be able to reach the scene immediately. In such circumstances, the initial response may rely entirely on local people. To co-ordinate such activity, some councils have formulated a Community Emergency Plan to help their community to prepare for an emergency and reduce its impact. The idea is that local communities may know about particular hazards and problems that affect an area, be aware of individuals who might need assistance in an emergency, and have access to people, resources or buildings that allow them to respond more effectively to specific incidents.
There is no statutory requirement for such a plan; however, it is good practice and so we have created the Parish Council Emergency Plan. As a small village, our Emergency Plan is a simple document: we are not aware of any particular hazards in the area and our location means that we are safe from flooding. However, in the event of extreme snow, a prolonged loss of power, a serious traffic incident, or other emergency, local people may be required to provide an initial level of support.
Please help us to improve this Plan! We need to know certain things FROM YOU:
- Could you provide sleeping accommodation, either in your business premises or your own home? If so, how many (and can you take their pets)?
- Are you a first-aider or ex health professional?
- Do you have a tractor/trailer or 4×4 vehicle?
- Are you an electrician/plumber/builder?
- Are you a caterer?
- Do you have any other skills that would be valuable in an emergency?
If you can answer YES to any of the above, please make this known to our Parish Clerk.
- Electricity – 105
- Water – To report a leak, telephone: 0800 3169 800
- Thames Water aim to support customers in vulnerable circumstances during interruptions to their water supply and with ongoing issues such as specific communication requirements. Find out if you’re eligible and register to receive free Priority Services: Visit: thameswater.co.uk/extrasupport Call: Extra Care Team 0800 0093652 Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm Email: email@example.com
- Environment Agency – 03708 506506
Dial 999 or 112 to quickly connect you to the appropriate Ambulance, Fire or Police Service.
(For non emergency contact to the Police – dial 101).
Some useful documents are located below: