Highways and Byways

Public Highways in the Parish are the responsibility of Bucks Council, who is our highways authority

The Parish Council recognises that there are often problems with our roads such as potholes and flooding and works with the Highways Authority and our Unitary Councillor to try to tackle issues as they arise.

But it is important that you, as residents, also get involved with the process by reporting problems when you see them (see below for details of how).


The Parish has an extensive footpath network providing access to the surrounding countryside.

Councillors meet annually to walk the paths to ensure that they remain accessible and the Parish Council carries out routine maintenance on the most well-used.

Any obstructions or other problems with the paths can be reported via the link below.

Buckinghamshire Council has published guides to the Bernwood Jubilee Way long-distance footpath which passes through the Parish.

Reporting a Problem

To Highways

Contact the highways authority directly to report:

  • Serious problems or floods
  • Any problem requiring immediate attention
  • Issues outside the parish

Highways Hotline:  0845 230 2882
Online reporting:  Report a fault online

To the Parish Council

Contact the Parish Council if you are concerned about:

  • Non-urgent or minor problems
  • Blocked drain covers
  • Clearing vegetation from highways and footways
  • Signs covered by dirt or vegetation

See our contact page for details of how to get in touch.