Planning Matters

Planning and Development within the Parish

For Pre Planning Applications please see our guidance document here.

Waddesdon Parish Council is consulted on some planning applications by Buckinghamshire Council (BC). They are considered within the deadline set by BC either at a monthly meeting or a specifically called Planning Committee meeting. Agendas for these meetings set out which applications are being considered for comment by the Parish Council and are published on this website as well as the noticeboards in the village. WPC only receives those applications BC wishes them to consult on. The Parish Council has no authority over the final decision and can only make a comment to either support, remain neutral or object to the application.

WPC can only comment on “Material Considerations” such as:-

  • Overlooking/loss of privacy

  • Loss of light or overshadowing

  • Parking

  • Highway safety

  • Traffic

  • Noise

  • Effect on listed building and conservation area

  • Layout and density of building

  • Design, appearance and materials

  • Government policy

  • Disabled persons’ access

  • Proposals in the Development Plan

  • Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)

  • Nature conservation

If you have any objections we strongly advise that you make your comments known to Buckinghamshire Council by either writing to them or by commenting on the application directly via the Planning Portal.

Current Planning Applications under consideration by Buckinghamshire Council’s Planning Department (this is not a definitive list – always refer to Buckinghamshire Council’s website for correct status):

  • 22/01367/APP | 5 Golden Mede Waddesdon | Householder application for bike store attached to existing house | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 22/01371/APP | 2 Grove Way Waddesdon | Householder application for single storey side extension | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 22/01230/APP | 25 Anstey Close Waddesdon | Householder application for two storey side and rear extension with pitched roofs and single storey rear extension | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 22/01186/APP | Britain House, 18 Little Britain, Waddesdon | Householder application for Proposed loft conversion and rear dormer, single storey rear extension and two storey side extension | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 22/01037/APP | Princes Lodge, Silk Street, Waddesdon | Householder application for erection of an oak framed lean-to car port | Status: Pending Consideration22/00965/APP | 20 Little Britain, Waddesdon | Householder application for detached garage | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 22/00790/ACD | 11 Frederick Street, Waddesdon | Demolition of wall | Status: Pending Consideration|
  • 22/00666/APP | The Dairy, Queen Street, Waddesdon | Installation of Lafite sculpture at Waddesdon Dairy | Status: Approved
  • 22/00174/ADM | Public Toilets, Warmstone Layby, Waddesdon | Prior notification of demolition of public toilet block | Status: No Objection
  • 22/00178/APP | 1 And 2 Silk Street Waddesdon HP18 0JY | Householder application for Removal of UPVC windows and replacement with timber frame casement windows to match existing. Removal of timber panel fencing and replacement with timber post/rail with privet hedging. Installation of new boiler flues and waste pipework. Internal wall repairs and skim finish (part retrospective) | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/04915/APP | The Dairy Queen Street Waddesdon | Variation of condition 12 (CD.03A Wedding Cake Roof Plan Rev 1, CD.04A
    Wedding Cake Elevation Rev 1, CD.05A Wedding Cake Ground Level Rev 1, CD.06A Wedding Cake Level I+II+III Rev 1, CD.07A Wedding Cake Section Rev 1 , CD.08A Wedding Cake Facade Planification Rev 2 , CD.09A Wedding Cake Section Detail Rev 1) attached to planning permission 20/03609/APP (Installation of sculptures by Joanna Vasconcelos: “Wedding Cake” and “Lafite,” and an 18th century Centaur, together with associated upgrading of car parking) | Status: Approved
  • 21/04913/APP | The Dairy Queen Street Waddesdon | Variation of condition 5 (drawings) attached to planning permission 20/03610/ALB (Installation of sculptures by Joanna Vasconcelos: “Wedding Cake” and “Lafite,” and an 18th century Centaur, together with associated upgrading of car parking | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/04073/APP | Waddesdon Village Primary School | Proposed new pond, fencing and landscaping | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/04125/APP | Waddesdon Manor, Silk Street, Waddesdon | Replacement visitor coffee bar | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/04059/APP | The Barn, 1A Frederick Street, Waddesdon | Change of use to barbers and nail bar/beauticians (retrospective) | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/03933/APP | 22 Sharps Close, Waddesdon | Householder application for demolition of existing outhouse and erection of single storey porch and part single and part two storey side extension | Status: Householder Approved
  • 21/03888/APP | 23 & 24 Anstey Court, Waddesdon | Construction of a new side extension to create new stairs, internal
    reconfiguration and associated works at Flats 23 & 24 Anstey Court | Status: Approved
  • 21/03704/APP | 5 Chestnut Close, Waddesdon | Householder application for first floor front and two storey rear extensions and Conversion of garage into habitable accommodation | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/03910/APP | 23 Little Britain, Waddesdon | Householder application for single storey side outhouse extension | Status: Householder Refused
  • 21/03426/APP | 79 Frederick Street | 2 storey rear extension | Status: Householder Approved
  • 21/02380/APP | 1 Little Britain | Relocation of Brick Wall | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/03091/APP | Barns 2 3 & 4 The Bail Silk Street Waddesdon | Removal of three barns and erection of commercial building with ancillary offices and visitor areas. Creation of parking and associated works | Status: Approved
  • 21/03003/ALB | Baptist Chapel Waddesdon Hill Waddesdon | Recover the roof in new plain tiles to match existing. Remove concrete render to the elevations, repointing and painting in limewash to match the existing finish and historic treatment. Replace small size cast iron rainwater goods with new cast iron goods of a greater capacity. Installation of underground drainage system for the rainwater good. Redecoration of external joinery | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/02582/APP | Middle Blackgrove Farm, Berryfields | Conversion of stables to overnight accommodation and construction of a workshop and maintenance building (retrospective) | Status: Withdrawn
  • 21/02194/APP | 37 Baker Street | Single storey rear extension and rear-facing dormer. Detached outbuilding to be used as a games/study room | Status: Householder Approved
  • 21/02878/APP | 47 New Street | Single storey side/rear extension | Status: Approved
  • 21/02516/APP | 20 Little Britain | Detached garage and studio in roof space | Status: Refused
  • 21/02415/APP | Land rear of 23 Anstey Close, Waddesdon | Variation of condition 3 materials, 5 landscape, 7 drainage, 9 construction method statement relating to application 16/02678/APP| Status: Approved
  • 21/02333/APP | The Dairy, Queen Street | Variation of Conditions 5 (Tree protection), 6 (Tree planting details), 7 (Soft and hard landscaping) and 11 (Archaeological written scheme) imposed on planning permission 20/03609/APP – Installation of sculptures by Joanna Vasconcelos: “Wedding Cake” and “Lafite,” and an 18th century Centaur, together with associated upgrading of car parking to accommodate change of programme into two separate phases. Phase 1 Works south of Queen Street: Installation of sculptures and alterations to their settings. Phase 2 Works North of Queen Street: Upgrading of car parking and landscaping north of Queen Street. Variation of wording to allow sequence of works to be varied | Status: Approved


  • 21/02158/APP | Dairy Cottage, Queen Street | Restoration of verandah and alterations to upgrade accommodation: alteration to fenestration; adaptation of lean-to as boiler house; forming opening between kitchen and previous dining room to form living space; refitting kitchen; alteration to hall to enlarge wc to accommodate shower; planning bathrooms to provide ensuite facilities | Status: Householder Approved


  • 21/01748/AGN | Land North of Berryfield Road, Waddesdon | An agricultural storage barn | Status: Pending Consideration


  • 21/01396/APP | 25 Goss Avenue | Single story rear extension, singe storey side extension and loft conversion under permitted development | Status: Pending Consideration


  •  21/00724/ACL | 3 Frederick Street, Waddesdon | Application for a lawful development certificate for an existing use of erection of window in study | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/00815/ALB | Baptist Chapel, Waddesdon Hill | Installation of new rainwater gullies, soakaways & associated below ground drainage | Status: Pending Consideration
  • 21/00761/APP | 1 Upper Blackgrove Road Farm Cottages, Berryfields | Conversion of stables to form one dwelling and associated works | Status: Approved
  • Ref: 21/00365/APP | 17 Baker Street | Part two storey part single storey rear extension, single storey front porch extension and new pitched roof over existing single storey side extension | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 21/00350/APP | 9 Rose Terrace, Baker Street | Single storey rear extension | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/04265/APP | Land rear of St Michaels & All Angels Church, Waddesdon | Change of use from agriculture to enable the extension of the existing burial ground for the interment of bodies and cremated remains | Status: Pending Consideration


  • Ref: 21/00015/APP | 10 High Street, Waddesdon | Two storey side extension with alterations to front elevations | Status: Pending Consideration


  • Ref: 20/04142/APP | 100 Frederick Street | Partial demolition of existing single storey rear extension, erection of single storey rear extension and open porch | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/04082/APP | 51 High Street, Waddesdon | First floor rear extension, out-building and loft conversion | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/04066/APP | 92 High Street, Waddesdon | Partial demolition of existing barn, conversion of single storey barn, erection of dwelling and demolition of existing workshop and store | Status: Approved


  • Ref: 20/03712/APP | Waddesdon Manor, Silk Street, Waddesdon | Construction of new walking footpath from Welcome Pavilion to Manor and associated ticket office | Status: Approved


  • Ref: 20/03609/APP | The Dairy, Queen Street, Waddesdon | Installation of sculptures by Joanna Vasconcelos: “Wedding Cake” and “Lafite,” and an 18th century Centaur, together with associated upgrading of car parking | Status: Pending Consideration


  • Ref: 20/03336/APP | 29 Little Britain, Waddesdon | Two storey rear extension | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/02917/APP | 12 Goss Avenue, Waddesdon | Single storey front, side and rear extension with single storey rear garden
    playroom | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/02883/APP | Land Front of 1 Anstey Court, Waddesdon | Creation of 5 no additional off-street parking spaces and Landscaping works | Status: Approved


  • Ref: 20/02886/APP | 18 Chestnut Close, Waddesdon | Conversion of garage into habitable accommodation | Status: Householder Approved


  • Ref: 20/02365/APP | British Telecom Telephone Exchange, Frederick Street | Demolition of existing redundant telephone exchange and erection of new chalet style house | Status: Approved